Skip to content

The man who was assumed to have been arrested at Logan Airport dies in parking garage at MBTA station

    A searched Jetblue pilot who was arrested at Logan Airport from Boston last month shot himself in the parking lot of an MBTA station on Friday morning, officials said.

    The Massachusetts State Police Violent Forty Vreessection found the 33-year-old Jeremy Gudorf, from Ohio, in his parked car in the Garage of Wonderland Station in Revere, according to a spokesperson for the State Police.

    When Troopers approached him, the State Police say that Gudorf took out a gun and 'shot himself abruptly'.

    Troopers entered Gudorf's vehicle and gave help before being taken to a local hospital, where he was declared dead.

    “In anticipation of official identification by the office of the Chief Medical Examiner, the State Police believes that the identity of the individual is Jeremy Gudorf,” the spokesperson added.

    Gudorf was recorded at Logan moments before he left for Paris on the evening of 20 February, the authorities said. He was later inherited in the court of East Boston on a fugitive of justice.

    Suffolk Assistant District Attorney Kyle Neyman said during the prevention that Gudorf was being sought in Huntersville, North Carolina, on accusation of the sexual exploitation of a minor.

    American customs and border protection heard the order for the arrest of Gudorf while performing a standard review of the manifesto of a Boston-to-Paris flight and asked for help assigned to the airport, said the State Police.

    “He is a commercial pilot, the order is clear from North Carolina and he lives in the state of Ohio. So for those reasons we ask that he will be held without a bail and give up his passport, “Neyman told court.

    In a statement provided to Boston 25 News after his arrest, a Jetblue spokesperson said that Gudorf was placed on 'indefinite leave'.

    “We are aware of and accurately revising the arrest of one of our pilots when reporting for work on Boston's Logan Airport on Thursday evening due to an excellent order,” said the spokesperson. “The pilot is placed with indefinite leave as the law enforcement progresses with the case.”

    The Huntersville police said that in October 2024 it started an investigation into Gudorf after a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

    During the investigation, the police said that investigators obtained a search order for Google, which led to the identification of the source of the reported sexual exploitation images.

    “The moment the crime was committed, the data indicates that he lived in Huntersville, NC. During the investigation, and before he was identified as a suspect, he moved from the state, “the police said in a statement.

    Gudorf, who was allowed to hide his face before the court during his prejudice, was ordered to be held on $ 10,000 bail under the condition that he reported immediately within a week after his court in North Carolina.

    Friday's incident remains in investigation.

    This is a developing story. Come back for updates as more information becomes available.

    Download the Free Boston 25 News -App For breaking news warning.

    Follow Boston 25 News on Facebook and Twitter. | View Boston 25 News now