WASHINGTON (AP) – State Secretary Marco Rubio said on Saturday that the United States had all visa withdrew from South Sudanese passport holders, who accused the government of the African nation of “benefit from the United States.”
“Every country must accept the return of its citizens in time when another country, including the United States, is trying to remove it,” Rubio said in a statement, adding that “the transitional government of South Sudan did not achieve to fully respect this principle.”
In addition to withdrawing Visa, Rubio said that the US would “prevent further issue to prevent access to the United States through South Sudanese passport holders.”
The political landscape of South Sudan is fragile and recent violence between government forces and armed opposition groups has escalated tensions.
Last week, the United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres insisted on regional and international leaders to prevent South Sudan from falling over the abyss in another civil war.
Guterres warned that the world's newest and one of the poorest countries 'a security case' is confronted with intensifying collisions and a 'political revolution', with last week's arrest, the government of first vice -president Riek Machar.